By Mark Pierce
One of the things I learned in therapy was the importance of bringing closure to important events. Try saying it a few times. Closure. Clooosure. Or, like the French, closieur. My therapist would look at me soulfully and say, “it allows movement forward Mark, unimpeded by the chains of the past.” She was always saying stuff like that. With her, it seemed to work. ” Umm, that’s great,” I’d say, ” but is closure covered by my insurance, or is that extra?”
In any case, here’s a few observations from three days of rookie camp.
- Robert Griffin III is the real deal on the field. His footwork is absolutely incredible. The arm is as advertised. Shanahan made him the starter.
- He handles the media. Self-effacing, modest, natural, and very often quite witty.
- 3rd round draft choice Josh LeRebius spent virtually all of the mini camp at center, though his college position was at guard. His college coach, June Jones, projected him at center in the pros. He did extremely well, by all reports.
- The Redskins are at their pre-season limit of 90 players. We’ll see them come and go over the next few months.
- Coach has an economy sized man-crush on RGIII. “He was great, Shanahan said. “You can see what an incredible athlete he is. I was impressed because the first day we didn’t have one bust with the formation or play call. I don’t think I ever had that in any minicamp I was involved with.”